
I've been feeling guilty about my current couch potato state, so when I went to Powerbooks over the weekend, I went straight to the "serious" section (i.e. Politics, History, Biographies, etc.) instead of "General Fiction." And even thouugh the books there were more expensive (not to mention thicker and heavier) than the usual chick lit, I resolved not to leave the store without buying one from the rack.
I chose Angelina's Jolie's "Notes From My Travels" because:
1. Say what you want but I LOVE Angelina and I can totally understand Brad leaving Jen for her
2. The workings of the United Nations has always fascinated me and the book, which was about Angelina's work on behalf of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, is as close as it gets
2. At P600+ (less 20% because the branch was having a sale that day), it was cheaper than the other books I was interested in
Overall, it's not exactly the kind of book you'd like to read when you're pregnant (and like to be surrounded by happy, uplifting feelings rather than depressing ones), but it's still a good read, and a nice way of calling attention to things going on in the world that we should know about but don't, as well as things that we should be grateful for.

2 comments:
i wish i share the same interest with u for reading such literatures. but my interest ends in romance and just about 5% in others
hi jac!
you're pregnant??!! congratulations!
Post a Comment