Monday, July 17, 2006

A drastic cut

I had my hair cut really short a few days ago -- it's now a little below my ears and I can't tie it back in a ponytail at all.

Why the sudden decision? It's not really that sudden -- I had really planned to cut my hair short just before I give birth, since everyone's been telling me that I'll be so busy with the new baby that I won't have time to fix my hair anymore. So I decided to see what I would look like mponths in advance -- this way, if I don't like how I look, there's still time for my hair to grow out and for me to think of an alternative style. Kaysa naman I have it cut close to D-Day, and then spend my post-partum months not just feeling harassed but also feeling bad because of how I look.

So how do I feel about my new 'do? Well, I'm not hating it, but let's just say it's taking me some getting used to. The last time I had hair this short, I was in college! I'm just glad that Eric didn't freak out as much as I thought he would, and everyone else says it makes me look younger, plus my shampooing time has all but been cut down in half! Besides, my hair is growing so fast these days (must be all the extra nutrients I'm taking for the baby) that I'm sure it'll be back to its old length in no time.

So maybe I won't end up cutting it this short when the time comes. But you know what? Either way, it feels good to have made some new change in my life, even if it's only to my hair, and even if it's only temporary.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Either way, it feels good to have made some new change in my life, even if it's only to my hair, and even if it's only temporary."

New change... Wait, wait, wait! You got married less than a year ago, moved to a new house, quit your job, got pregnant... and you feel that cutting your hair is like THE new change in your life?!

Whaaaaatt!?

Anonymous said...

by the way, I'm your little brother Rain.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... well, when you put it that way, oo nga 'no.... Hehehe. But I guess this just the boredom talking. YOU try not working or studying for 3 months... after that, every little change is a welcome one :)

Anonymous said...

about the short hair its ok you would look fine in anything, but in my experience and according to book i forgot the title :) After you give birth your hair will be dry and experience post partum, and if you are a dedicated breastfeeder your boobs will sag malungkot :( I still am in the process of lifting them LOL. How is this connected to the short hair? Its all part of the post partum anyway search mo na lang yung other sa dr. google


- CLEONE, the expert mommy (a.k.a THE DIVA)


Ok JAC, di ko siya mapigilan. Para itong usapang 'bareta' hahahaha Well, atleast its based from experience so heed her advice hahaha.... Im curious with your new hairdo.

Anonymous said...

Wag ka daw ma-depress sabi ni Cleone. Baka di siya makatulog!!! Kawawa naman si JONAS niyan....alam mo na pag gising si Cleone~~~ WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!