THESE are the things no one tells you about marriage.
So let's just say my first week has been totally unexpected.
I also didn't expect that I would miss my family and my house so much. My first few days, every little thing would remind me of home, and I would suddenly burst into tears. Good thing I had a friend who assured me I wasn't a freak by telling me that when during her first year of marriage, she felt so homesick that she would go home every day, giving all sorts of excuses to her in-laws.
Another thing I didn't expect -- I'm a Monica (of "Friends") at heart! I'm super OC, especially when it comes to our bedroom, and I hate it when Eric doesn't fix his things my way. Oh well, I have 50+ years to "train" him anyway.
We finished (finally!) unwrapping all our presents last night. For the record, the most number of items we received were coffee makers!! We got about 10 (out of 57), and 2 were of the exact same brand and model!
A close second were grillers (about 6), and we also got assorted beddings (from people who didn't even bother to ask what our bed's size is, so most of them we can't even use).
And the clincher--one person gifted us with 2 keychains!! A gift is a gift, I know, and it's the thought that counts, but keychains?!
These two gifts below we saved for last to open.

The wrappings were so pretty, we couldn't bear to tear them up. The smaller one is from my boss at Entrep, while the bigger box is from Eric's Thai friend, Ply.
Leaving for our honeymoon tomorrow! See you guys in a couple of weeks!

4 comments:
wahahaha! keychains?? did u look at it closely? baka diamond studded?? =)
enjoy ur trip!!! =) call me when u get back!
LoL my cousin got coffeemaker gifts the most too. beddings of wrong size? i hate it when people give thoughtlessly, coz it shows.
anyway, have a great time!
Well, you could always re-wrap those coffee makers and give them away for X-mas :)
hanky pankyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
errr. sorry. that's just me.
Post a Comment