Life is made up of what I call "deep breath moments" -- you know, the kind when someone says or does something annoying but it's not worth it to confront him/her, so you just take slow, deep breaths and count from one to ten to calm down.
Like when a college student tells me that her school (hint: it's along Taft Avenue) is"the number one university in the country."
Or when someone who has never ever raised a child in his/her whole life deigns to tell me how to take care of mine.
Or when some Ateneans pronounce their school as "Arrh-neo" (I still can't understand where that pronounciation came from) or introduce themselves as graduates of "the Ateneo de Manila University," with major stress on the "the."
Or when a graduate of a certain Chinese school in Binondo tells me that his Fookien-speaking skills are better than mine -- without even hearing me converse in the first place.
Actually, that last bit is probably more of a "F*ck you" moment, but we can talk about those next time.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I know that feeling. Best way for those situation is to do set them up for a BIG FALL and they end up looking like a fool. ^__^
HAHAHA! I totally agree :)
You can't blame him for saying that his Fookien is better than you since you told him that you're from ICA. Should I still enumerate people's (even mine) perceptions of ICANs or would I just get a bashing from your barkada? He he he!!
HOY!!!!!!!!!! you will get a bashing from this barkada!!! hahahahaha
Kaya nga tatahimik na lang he he!
Post a Comment