Friday, February 17, 2006

School senti

There's nothing like going back to school to make one feel old nostalgic...even if it was the Ateneo and not my alma mater... and even if I was there for work.

Call me a nerd, but passing by classrooms in session made me miss my old professors.

And walking under the trees made me think of [ehem] UP's bigger and greener open spaces...

And seeing those students hanging around the benches...they all look so young that I couldn't help but also think, "Did I really look that young when I was in college?"

I'm so old. And what's worse, I'll feel older tomorrow... literally!

***

Something to think about...

At the Ateneo today, quite a few people asked me over chit-chatting if I was an alumna. I said no, and before I could tell them where I was from, they immediately guessed, "Ah, from UP."

Which made me realize.... a lot of people I've met over the years always assume I'm either from the Ateneo or UP. But no one has ever assumed that I'm from La Salle... or UA&P... or UST. Hmm..... Bakit kaya?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

people always assume i'm from ateneo! don't know why. nothing against ateneans, some of whom are dear friends, but DUH! as if i send out that vibe, e i'm such a jeepney-riding girl!