Monday, February 06, 2006

Thai high

I'm back!...Fatter, darker, and with a new tolerance for spicy food. I'm inspired to learn how to cook Thai food, although I don't think I will ever do the originals justice.

***

Bangkok is pretty much like Manila--same traffic, same pollution. But there are more temples, their roads are wider, they don't have those annoying pink fences or screaming billboards, and their drivers are more polite (i.e. drivers there don't seem to use their horns as often as we do, despite the same level of traffic).

Chiang Mai, on the other hand, is a little less cosmopolitan than the capital, but that still doesn't stop the tourists from coming in droves. The flight was packed with locals, Caucasians and Asians alike.

I really envy how booming Thailand's tourism industry is. And that'd even considering that majority of Thais can't even speak straight English! You'd think with our edge in that language, foreigners would prefer to come here. But no, talong-talo talaga ang 'Pinas.

***

Anyway, let's get to the more important part of this blog...pics from the trip!

Image hosting by Photobucket
At the Grand Palace, where I had fun goofing around

Image hosting by Photobucket
Eric makes friends with a local

Image hosting by Photobucket
Ply and Cherry, our hosts for the trip.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Stupid Thai pigeon pooped on me, but Ply says Thais consider that good luck! Either way, I was just glad it didn't land on my clothes! Or on my hair!

Image hosting by Photobucket
In Bangkok, Eric and I travelled alone for the most part because Ply had to work. After many tries, we were able to take a decent photo of ourselves together.

Image hosting by Photobucket
At the Chiang Mai Zoo (the biggest zoo in Thailand), we visited the panda enclosure. The 2 pandas there are on loan from China, and they're so adorable that as you can see from the photos, we embarassingly found their every movement picture-worthy.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Fear Factor Thailand! Samples of Thai street food. We didn't dare try them, although we did sample the bamboo silkworms...

Image hosting by Photobucket
And they're actually quite yummy. They're salty/crunchy... taste just like chips. We even bought some home as presents for family.

Image hosting by Photobucket
And finally, here are some purely gratuitous pics, just because this is MY blog after all.

Sigh. Can't believe I'm back.

1 comment:

Anndee said...

hahahaha! sipag mo mag upload ng pics ah! :) ... i can't believe a bird pooped on you!! hahaha. :)