Eric knows that the best way to get me riled up is to say something anti-UP... and shower praises at a certain other university he knows I don't think highly of.
Like the time we passed by Tandang Sora during the weekend of the UP Entrance exams last August and I expressed surprised that traffic wasn't as bad as it was in the past few years.
I figured it was early, that the examinees hadn't finished yet, but Eric gleefully goes, "Walang traffic kasi wala ng may gustong mag-aral sa UP. Lahat sila gusto na dun sa [insert name of other university]."
Since I know he was being deliberately annoying, I let it slide. As well as all the other times he pokes fun / disparages / insults my alma mater.
So now I don't know what to do when he tells me yesterday that he is 75% certain that he does not want Justin to go to UP for college.
Instead, he wants him to go that other university.
Do I let it slide and take it up again after 18 years?
Or do I spend the next 18 years convincing Justin that UP (and only UP) is the place to be here in the country?
Or do I just hope that he gets into Harvard, Cambridge, or even Beijing University?
God, what am I thinking.. I can't even convince Eric to enroll Justin in Gymboree!
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I go for option number 2!
What the heck is Gymboree?! Sounds gay. I would not want my son anywhere there either.
-rain
Correction... I said 75% certain that he can study at UP!!! But we'll see, matagal pa naman yun! Basta he's definitely not going to Xavier (no offense to Xavierians)!!!
If once or twice a week lang yung classes sa Gymboree, it's fine by me! Dati kasi akala ko everyday he he he!
hahaha! at anong "other school" yan??? school ko ba yan?? :P
tsaka saan school nyo ba balak sya mag aral? :) if girl ang anak nyo, siguro naman sa ica diba?? :)
One Big Fight!! Ü
Basta wag lang La Salle.. ok na..
ICA is not even in my list!!!
One Big Fight!!!!
Post a Comment