I have sworn to myself time and again that I would not, NOT, NOT buy another book until I finish reading all the other books I have bought through the years. But of course, everytime I step into Powerbooks, I promptly forget this vow. Take last Sunday, where I ended buying not just one, but two books. One was the paperback version of The Rule of Four which for the longest time was on hardbound; of course I had to buy it, baka maubusan pa ako. The other was Rosie Dunne which was highly recommended by Anndee and I had long been intrigued by it anyway. I almost bought a third book, but fortunately for my wallet, it was out of stock. Next time nalang.
I always tell myself buying books is money well spent anyway--it's not as if I'm buying clothes (that won't fit me in 10 years), or shoes (that will go out of style in 10 months), or food (that will be gone in 10 minutes). Books will last me a lifetime, plus they'll help me broaden my intellectual horizons. Di ba? Di ba? (Defensive.... hahaha)
Plus, in my defense, I don't spend wantonly. I only buy when Eric is with me and he brings his Powercard along (malaki rin ang 10% discount), or when there's a sale (20% off on all books! How can anyone resist that?!)
So I really shouldn't feel so guilty. Right?
Tuesday, March 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Knowledge is power JAC so go buy all the books you can read (of course with Eric's Powercard..hehehe). Thats what my dad tells me. Spend on books and good food then save on all other stuff ;)
Post a Comment