Do you want to know how hormonally-challenged I am right now?
First, a little backgrounder:
Many years back, I edited an ad hoc baby magazine for Summit. There, we had a section where we interviewed celebrity parents and asked them to share their pregnancy and birthing experiences. One of the questions we asked the husbands -- "Did your wife look more sexy to you when she was pregnant?"
Last night, I re-read my copies of the magazine and found myself smiling at all the kilig answers the husbands gave to that particular question. So still feeling giddy, I asked Eric, "Hon, do I look more sexy to you now that I'm pregnant?"
Eric: (looking at me like the answer should be obvious) "Syempre hindi."
Needless to say, I promptly burst into tears. I really did.
And poor Eric, panicking, wondered what the hell he said wrong.
Me: "How come all the husbands here said their wives looked more cute and blooming when they were pregnant???"
Eric: (major damage-control mode) "Of course you're cute and blooming! Iba naman ang 'sexy.' You're not 'sexy' in the true sense of the word anymore kasi mataba ka na. Yan lang naman ang ibig kong sabihin."
Me: (even more mortified now) "So what if I don't lose all this weight after giving birth? Repulsive na ako??!?"
Eric: (wishing he should never have opened his mouth) "Hindi yan..." And he went on to say that he would love me no matter what shape or size I was in, and that he was only taking my question about "sexiness during pregnancy" literally, and that he's sorry for saying something so insensitive (again).
Hmph.
Friday, October 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
hahaha your husband needs to take a crash course on what-to-say-to-a-pregnant-wife 101. ROFL! did u ever go through that mood-swing phase during your first 2 months?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! patay si eric!!!!
wala.
wala talaga kaming sinasabing tama. hmp =P
Ayayay! Nasa internet na pala yung ginawa kong major boo boo.
But in my defense, she asked me: "Hon, do I look more sexy to you now that I'm pregnant?". Notice the "more" word (pero dapat sexier ang tamang term, hehe) which means it's a comparison between then and now. And I interpreted it in the literal sense which is a no-no :(
Anyway hon, sorry ha... Love you *MWAH*
Post a Comment