Given that I'll be out of circulation in December (never mind the rest of 2007 as well!), I've sworn to get started on and complete my Christmas shopping by mid-November. Not an easy feat, considering that I still have to finalize my list!
It's easy to know who's in (i.e. family and in-laws, for sure) but how about who's out? For example, do I still have to get something for all my former bosses? Every year, I drop by their offices and give them a cake or some other yummy dessert, but that was before when I was mobile and had time to zip around Manila. This year is going to be tougher.
Eric says to just forego shopping altogether, that people will understand. But somehow, I don't see myself foregoing tradition just yet.
Decisions, decisions...
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Find places that delivers your orders or for small items, Air21 delivers at a minimum of Php90 for 1-1.5kg package, I think. Cakes, cookies and pastries are great ideas and hassle free gift items. And there's almost always something within any price budget. Or you can go for coffee mugs with gift certificates for a free cup of coffee. Coffee beans for those you know have their own brewer. Or Spa/massage GCs for the stressed folks. Tons of possibilities...which reminds me, I need to start on my list, too, as december will find me up to my elbows in flour.
Finish giving out your gifts as early as late November, so you'll only have to relax when baby comes. =)
Like paoyu, I'm actually known among friends as the one who NEVER buys Christmas gifts. =) What I usually do is throw a nice get together and spend a bundle on food and drinks.
Hi Wysgal -- That's actually a good idea! I think we'll start doing that as well :)
Post a Comment