Monday, November 20, 2006

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas--not!

Argh, the weather is so freakin' hot, it doesn't feel like Christmas is just a month away.

I hope it gets cooler by the time I deliver. In case you guys don't know, the Chinese believe that a woman who has just given birth can't take a bath for one whole month, because her body will have become so weak from the ordeal that she will most likely get sick or experience aches and pains if bathed. The most I can be given is a sponge bath.

So if the weather doesn't let up, I don't care how high our electrical bill will reach; I'm going to stay inside an air-conditioned room all day long.

1 comment:

kayenne said...

i hate that superstition. they say in the US, you can't check out of the hospital without taking a bath. LOL