Sunday, May 20, 2007

In the meantime...

So what else have I been up to?

1) Putting together Justin's photo album. 189 pictures and that's just from birth to the first week of his fourth month. It's quite addicting though, not to mention therapeutic. I'm putting captions on almost every photo by using letters cut out from magazines and brochures, and there's a strange thrill in seeing a page all bright and colorful. Yes, obviously, I need a life.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2) I finished three books in two weeks:
Children of Men by PD James, which was recently turned into a movie starring Clove Owen.
Premise: It's the year 2027 and mankind has become infertile. But our apathetic and pessimistic hero finds out there may be hope yet, and now it's up to him to make sure the bad guys don't find out about it.

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. Writer Margaret is invited by writer Vida to write the latter's biography; what they have in common -- they're both the surviving half of a twin. It's a real page-turner with a major twist of an ending, but I don't think men will enjoy reading it as much as women.

Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi. Once a week, a female Iranian professor and seven of her best female students secretly meet to discuss works of Western fiction, all at a time when women can be stoned to death for infractions such as talking to man who is not their father, brother, cousin, or husband, or for wearing the wrong color of lipstick.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3) I cook!
I'm not really a kitchen girl, but the recipes in Yummy, Summit Media's newest magazine, are so easy to make that I felt compelled to take up the challenge. So far, I haven't burned or undercooked anything, but the way I present the food still leaves a lot to be desired.

No comments: