
It's my fault, really.
I know for a fact that Eric can be quite cost-conscious, sometimes even to the point of being stingy...so when a friend told me that her uncle confirmed that it's cheaper to buy shampoo by sachets than by the bottle, I relayed the news to Eric knowing it would be something he'd appreciate.
Well appreciate he did... a little too much, in fact. On his next trip to the supermarket, he went ahead and did the computations, and was appalled to find out that for the same volume, it's indeed P30 cheaper to just buy sachets.
So that's what we use now -- once every couple of weeks when the bottle runs out, one of us patiently snips sachets and empties the contents into the bottle.
Sometimes I feel we're being maarte, but hey, as Eric likes to often remind me, "You can't save a million pesos without P30." Or something like that.
I'm just thankful that most recently, he's taken over sachet-to-bottle duties.
Now I'm almost afraid that the next item to be sachet-ed would be our toothpaste.

7 comments:
Think about the environment, satchets aren't really being "GREEN" so to speak.
Satchets just increase the amount of trash in the world. They don't even sell satchets in 1st world countries, just 3rd world ones.
hmm... isn't that a tad too time-consuming? besides that you're losing out on the shampoo clinging on the inside of the sachet, then transferring it to the bottle... if you're going to use the sachet anyway, use it straight from the sachet. or change brands.
uh oh... i'm not telling you what other products are cheaper by sachet! :)
My friend told me that companies like Unilever earns more profit from their sachet sales than plastic bottles.
I'm sure toothpastes in sachets are cheaper but I don't want go into that anymore. Ok na ako sa shampoo :)
Hi Paoyu -- Talk about being environmentally-friendly...Err, aren't you the one who uses paper plates when eating at home so that you don't have to wash dishes anymore?? :D
Hi Moan -- Ssshhh, don't give Eric any more ideas! Hahaha.
wahahahahaha! err... is this all my fault??? :)
Anndee -- YES!!!!!
Post a Comment