Well, I had no idea last December, and I still don't know what to ask for now that it's January.
See, since a few years back, Eric and I have stopped giving each other "surprise" presents because frankly, we both suck at predicting what the other wants, and end up feeling disappointed that the gift did not elicit the "Oh my God! Just what I wanted!" reaction we both wanted to hear.
So what we do instead is to just ask for that one thing that we want and we buy it for each other.
This year's holidays being particularly more hectic than the rest (what with juggling schedules to spend time with 2 sets of family and friends, horrible traffic, and a killer workload), we didn't really have time to sit down and think about what to ask for.
Last week, Eric finally declared that what he wanted was a subwoofer (which I think is some sort of speaker????). Okay, one down.
Me? I still have no idea.
I have too many books that I have yet to read, am not a bag, shoe, food or gadgets person, so I'm not craving for that Sony Ericsson whatever that he suggested for me.
The last week of December, I bought an, umm, pretty expensive expensive pair of jeans (which cost around P4,000 but well worth it!! hehehe) and I asked Eric if he would be willing to "pay" for it. "Yan nalang Christmas gift mo sa akin," I told him, thinking that if he would be willing to buy me a new five-figure cellphone, P4,000 would be a deal. Apparently, he doesn't find the two items in the same league, as he balked at the price of the jeans. "Ano yan, gawa sa ginto??" was his reaction.
So now I'm back to zero and it's getting close to my brithday, which means I have to think of yet another gift for myself.
I think I'll just press him into taking me back to Tagaytay one weekend. I miss Sonya's Garden.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Tell him to give you a COMPACT DIGITAL CAMERA of YOUR OWN!!! :) Make it a combine be-lated x-mas/bday present.
Casio EXILIM S500 or the new Sony DSC-T9, its simply too good sir.
I'm going with eric on this one... 4K for jeans?! may cocain bang kasama yan?!
-rain
Post a Comment