
The first was Ice Age 2: The Meltdown, although they should probably rename it "The Letdown" to truly describe what it really was. The sequel was super boring compared to the original, containing none of the wit, snazz or banter that endeared us to the characters. In fact, the movie really picks up only during the last 30 minutes of the film, but falls flat again during the last five. I think the only character I liked was the eaglet who briefly tussles with Scrat for the acorn.
Favorite line from Ice Age 2: "He puts the 'stink' in 'extinction.'"

Fortunately, the second movie we watched was way better. I went in to watch Eight Below fully expecting to cry a river and I did. But I also laughed, cheered and "aww-ed" a lot and I'm sure that I wasn't the only one who left the moviehouse wanting to own a Siberian husky of my own.
Favorite line from Eight Below: "You gotta take chances for the things you care about."

No comments:
Post a Comment