Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I want to live in the West Wing

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Throughout my period of "house arrest," I stayed sane by sleeping, reading, and yes, watching episode after episode of some American TV series. So far, I have already finished seasons 1-3 of Alias, season 1 of Frasier, and seasons 1-2 of Scrubs. I am also halfway through the current season 5 of Alias, season 2 of Desperate Housewives, and season 1 of Supernatural.

I know I still have a lot to catch up on (Lost, Charmed, Smallville, 24) but all that is taking a backseat to my current new fave, The West Wing.

I'm currently 3/4 of the way through season 1 and since I have all episodes until the first half of season 7 (the current and last one in the US), I know I have a lot of catching up (not to mention late nights) to do. But it should be a breeze, because the show is downright riveting. It's smart without being boring, funny without losing its meaning, and dramatic without being over the top. I still can't decide which among the male characters I have a crush on (it's a toss between Rob Lowe's and Richard Schiff's) and whose job I would love to have (I think the Chief of Staff has more power than the president, but being the presidential aide also seems to have its own perks).

I have a feeling that after I finish watching all these, ehem, pirated episodes, I'm going to go out and buy the original DVDs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm... given the life expectancy of DVDs, 5 years - right? would getting expensive originals by the series be a good idea? hehehe although, i've been tempted likewise. with star trek though. =D