Friday, May 19, 2006

Sucker

Eric recently brought one of his dogs home from Manila to provide me some additional company, and if how I treat Toffee (that's her name) is an indication of how I'll treat my future child, then I'm in big trouble.

For one thing, everytime we eat, Toffee only has to look at me with those "puppy eyes" of hers and I end up all but giving her all the food on my plate. Eric says I should stop passing her food becuase it'll just make her fat and unhealthy, but I can't help it...Sometimes I try to be firm and ignore her, but everytime I sneak a peek, I can swear that she's looking at me reproachfully. So I cave in and toss her a piece of meat... or ten.

I also have a very strict rule of not allowing Toffee to go the second floor of the house (where the bedrooms are), but again, when I check on her in the kitchen, she just looks so sad and lonely that I've finally acquiesced and allowed her to romp upstairs. But so far, I've stuck to my guns and forbidden her from entering our bedroom. So far, I don't think I'll cave in on that.

Eric says that from the looks of things, I'll probably end up spoiling our child rotten, feeding him/her whatever he/she wants and breaking all my self-imposed rules just to keep him/her happy. Eeep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha. that's rather cute. what kind of a dog is she?

Anonymous said...

i love dogs. i hate all the fur they leave behind. no dogs in the bedroom! if how i spoil my 8-month old niece is an indication of how i'll spoil my own kid in the future... ACK! LOL