Monday, May 01, 2006

I'm back...and secret's out

I wasn't sure if I wanted to announce this in the blog, but my doctor told me to start a journal and rather than start one from scratch...well... okay...

Yes, I'm pregnant. Eight weeks on the way by tomorrow, to be more specific.

Thanks to all those who hazzarded guesses at my post below. Unfortunately, a promotion is in no way coming for me (I have resigned from work, will give more details on that in the future), and while a trip to Europe would've been great, I don't see that (or any other form of long-distance travelling) happenning in...oh, probably 2 years at the least.

The reason for my reticience... it's sorta kinda a delicate pregnancy. I've been spotting for about two weeks now, and my doctor has out me on bed rest. The ultrasound shows everything is okay and tehcnically, there's nothing to be alarmed about, but just to be safe, she's extended my bed rest for another THREE WEEKS. Not only can I not leave the house, I can't even leave my room. *Groan* Thankfully, there's a neverending supply of DVDs and VCDs to choose from, plus books and magazines galore. I'm also starting work on a jigsaw puzzle, which Eric doesn't want me to do so much because he feels it stresses me out.

No, I haven't been throwing up yet... Sometimes I feel nauseous in the morning but it usually dissipates after I sniff some ginger (yes, believe it or not, it works).

I haven't been feeling really sleepy or cranky (swear!!), and I don't have any food cravings yet. But my boobs are super tender and I seem to be more sensitive to noise and heat than usual.

Are Eric and I excited? A bit. Are we worried? Super. Worried if the baby is okay. Worried if we'll make good parents. Worried if the name we choose will scar our baby for life. Seriously, a friend told me that one is never really prepared to be a parent (or to be pregnant), until it's already there. Somehow, I find comfort in knowing that this is now one thing I'm not expected to be good at.

It's going to be an exciting seven months ahead (hopefully).... and hope I stay sane until the very end.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jaclyn!! Very exciting times, indeed. The only bad memory I have is the difficulty of being on bedrest --if you know what I mean :(...

Anton
Our Awesome Planet

cc(,``o said...

congrats!! tama ako!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats jac! and are you sure you're resigning from summit na??? we'll really miss you there!

Jade said...

Congratulations and Take Care. =)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jac! I'm so happy for you =)

Heinz said...

Congrats Jac! Take care of yourself, okay lang ma-bore being on bed rest, just rest all day and eat right. And keep on praying if you get worried.

Anonymous said...

congrats! may replacement ka na ba? haha!

Jaclyn said...

Thanks, guys!

Anton--Thanks for dropping by! My only regret is I have to put off trying out those yummy restaurants or going to those out-of-town haunts that you keep talking about! Bawi ako after 9 months! Hahaha.

LL-- Unfortunately, kailangan talaga e. But I'm open to rakets! *wink* *wink*

Anonymous said...

john

wala lang. it's a nice name. hehehe.

joke.

congrats jac. happy days for you.