I envy friends who seem to have a knack for turning the littlest things into money-making opportunities.
Like a fellow newlywedded couple who decided to sell some of their wedding gifts on e-bay (Why didn't I think of that first????)
Or friends who are always on the lookout for business opportunities.
Like the one who patiently makes annual trips to Bangkok or China to search for items to sell at bazaars, and ends up making a killing.
We call them ma-raket.
Me? I just don't have that raketeering/entrepreneurial spirit. Ironic, considering I spent two years as editor of a business magazine. I always come out of an interview envying the subject but it's always hanggang dun lang. Envy. And sometimes a bit awestruck. But generally still unmotivated.
I think it's because when it comes to money, I'm really not much of a risk-taker. I prefer the stability of getting a check each month, not like entreps who shell out capital first and just wait for the profits to come in.
It's also why I've never gotten hooked on poker. Or the bazaar craze.
But I will have to admit the idea of selling wedding gifts on ebay is starting to become more and more tempting.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment