After months of being cravings-free, my taste buds are now going wonkers for, unfortunately, all things sweet.
Everytime I see the TV ad for Red Ribbon's newest product...or Magnolia's latest ice cream falvor... or if I see a billboard for Chowking halo-halo... or if I just pass any damn pastry shop...I salivate.
I know it's okay to give in once in awhile (i.e. a cup of Haagen Dazs when I went to Power Plant mall last week), but lately it's becoming very hard to resist just "sampling" a treat and actually indulging in a craving. Because even though my blood test last week showed negative traces of glucose, I'm still being very anal in controlling my intake of sweets because I have a history of diabetes on both sides of the family, and pregnancy has a way of increasing the odds.
Fortunately, everytime I feel myself weakening, I have a very able conscience in the form of my husband, who knows just what to say to make walk away from temptation -- instead of appealing to my health (to which I can still give all sorts of excuses, like "I exercise naman" or "It's just once bite"), he appeals to my vanity.
"Bahala ka, tataba ka lalo," he says matter-of-factly.
Works every time.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment