1. Batanes island
Who cares if the island only has electricity for a limited n umber of hours during the day? Well...err... I do... but I think the breathtaking scenery will more than make up for the discomforts.
2. Sagada
If the road to Sagada from Baguio was better constructed, I think my dad would've taken us there a long time ago. Hopefully, by the time Justin is old enough to travel, the Philippine Department of Tourism would have addressed that problem already.
3. Donsol, Sorsogon
Why else -- to swim with the butanding.
4. Albay, Bicol
To see the Mayon volcano...and eat the pili nuts!
5. Pagudpod beach
A couple of summers ago, I went with Eric and his friends to La Union for a vacation. A couple of us came back to Manila after a few days (presumably because we had work the next day), but the others journeyed on to Pagudpod. Looking back, I should've stayed with them, because it's not everyday you get the chance to travel that far, not to mention with that good a company.
6. Amanpulo (or any of the beaches of Palawan
Okay, so it's probably cheaper to travel to the US. I'll settle for El Nido, or Lagen Island.
7. still in Palawan -- the Calaiuit Wildlife Sanctuary
I'm fascinated by zoos and wild animals. Never mind if the Clauit sanctuary was built by Marcos so that Bongbong could go on a safari without having to leave the Philippines; at least it's still well-maintained up to today.
8. Bantayan Island
The only place in the Philippines where the people are allowed to eat meat on a Good Friday, through a special permit given by the Vatican, no less. This was because when the Spaniards came, they taught the people from Bantayan Island that Holy Week is a time when all people -- even fishermen -- were required to stay home and pray. Because there was no fish to eat, the Vatican allowed the islanders to eat meat, something carried on up to this day.
It's also a pristine place, much like Batanes.
9. Bohol
For the Chocolate Hills. And the amazing beaches. And so that I can look daggers at ignorant tourists who still insist on touching the tarsiers.
10. Tubbataha Reef, Sulu
But I think I'll need to learn how to dive first.
Hay... this list depresses me...
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What is up with people and oceanic views? Man, I rather pick mountain or canyons anyday.
I hate baking in the sun.
The tarsiers, YES. One small nudge in their head and they die. Most people don't know they're that sensitive.
Umm... you can to Sulu on your own, I still want my head intacked. And by the way, leave Justin with me :)
10 place you want to go to in Philly, hmm... LOW MAINTENANCE?! Ha ha ha!!
been to 3,4 and 9. didn't go swimming with the butandings though. #1, it was a black friday. no boats out, and it was almost mid morning when we got there. gotta spend the night there and be out by dawn. #2, i can't swim.
sagada is my next target. but been advised to go during the months of january to march. need to find people willing to go though. wanna make the trip? =D
having been to some of the places you've mentioned, let me comment on those:
*sagada is one of the most peaceful places i have ever been. i've been there, by God's grace, 4x na, i think. and i never tire of the people or the place.
*el nido is beautiful. it's true, once you've been there, you're spoiled. the beach that comes close, though still not as stone-free, is siargao.
*albay is worth the heat if only bec. of the mayon, which really lives up to its name: magayon. waking up to the sight of it outside your window is incomparable!
Hi Mari-an! Have been to Siargao and was sorely disappointed with the beach. Or maybe it was because it wasn't surfing season when we got there? Will have to go back siguro :)
Post a Comment