Friday, April 06, 2007

Introspection

They say Holy Week is supposed to be a time for reflection, so since I'm not going anywhere, I think I'll do just that.

Top 5 regrets:


1) Not completing my MA in Asian Studies. I took only one semester, and went LOA right after, because I couldn't fit it in with work, and I was too dyahe to formally drop out of the program since I busted my ass to apply in the first place.

2) Not travelling enough. Even domestically. I should've made the most out of all the 3-day weekends there were.

3) Not participating in EDSA 2. I don't know why I didn't. I think because (again), it conflicted with work. Plus no one wanted to go with me, or their parents didn't want them going in the first place. I should've just gone alone.

4) Not giving my all when I was an intern with the PDI. What happened was I showed up, wrote and filed my stories, and left for home. Because I was such a shy greenhorn and felt I was way out of my league. Looking back, I realized that I squandered an opportunity other journalism students would've killed to have. And maybe my career would've taken off in a different direction.

5) Not paying attention to my Mandarin Chinese classes. Whether it was in high school, Taiwan, or Beijing. Again, another squandered opportunity.

Top 5 things I'm thankful for:

1) My supportive family. Whatever angst I may have with my parents and brothers, they all went away when I stayed with them right after giving birth. I don't know how I would've survived that first month without them.

2) Friends who don't change. My high school barkada remains my barkada up to now. We're the type who even if we don't see each other for the whole year and only meet up during the holidays, it's as if we were never that apart for long in the first place.

3) The chance to study at UP Diliman.

4) Incredible opportunities at work. From an all-expense paid trip to Boracay for Singapore Airlines, to guesting on radio and TV for Entrepreneur Philippines.... hay, is it a wonder why I miss work so much?

5) My healthy, bouncing baby boy. I was so praning during my entire 9 months of pregnancy that when Justin came out way better than expected (and growing better than expected!), I couldn't help but think I must've done something good in my past life to deserve something so great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

... You had angst towards ME?!

-rain

Anonymous said...

"Whatever angst I may have with my parents and brothers, they all went away when I stayed with them right after giving birth"
--

we went AWAY???!!

Anonymous said...

Umm... I think you forgot me, moi, your hubby in your "Top 5 things I'm thankful for:" O sige na nga, kahit pang 6th, ok na. He he he!!

moan said...

hahaha... can't believe you forgot eric!! :)