I'm in love with Powerbooks staff. Even the girls. They're so helpful, I think the country definitely prosper if Powerbooks people were the ones in charge.
A few weeks ago I was at their Greenbelt branch, buying books for my godson. A couple of the books I chose were part of a series... some of the volumes were nicely wrapped in plastic, while the others' plastic were already torn. I asked the saleslady of they had new copies in stock that were completely wrapped in plastic and when she went to check, she told me they didn't anymore, but that if I was willing to wait, she'd take the books out back and wrap them anew. Nice, 'no? National Bookstore staff would've probably just told me, "Ma'am, wala na, last copy na po yun," and let me be.
And then today, I was at Powerbooks' Shangri-La branch, looking for a locally published book. Usually, I look for books on my own but the branch's Filipinana section was crammed, and eventually I got dizzy from searching through all the thin paperbacks. So I went to their Customer Service Center, where the girl checked the computer and found out there was still one copy of the book left. She went to look for it while I browsed the other sections. I think it must've been 20 minutes before she returned, successfully, book in hand. Other salespersons would've probably just given up after five minutes and told me the book was unavailable.
National Bookstore staff, ahem, should take lessons.
Friday, April 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Same owners lang naman Natio & Powerbooks. Maybe the staff ng Powerbooks are the rejects of Natio he he!
Post a Comment