Sunday, October 07, 2007

Pacquiao again?

I know this is going to sound unpatriotic, but I was disappointed when Manny Pacquiao won again.

Because yes, I was rooting for him to fail.

Because the guy needs to have his ego deflated; or at the very least, he needs to see that most of the people around him are social-climbing, money-grabbing, self-promoters.

And to be honest, I don't know why it's only Pacquiao gets all the huge accolades -- what about Efren Bata Reyes? Paeng Nepomuceno? Or those wushu athletes who win gold medals in competitions all over the world?

Eric keeps telling me it's all about charisma, that for some reason, Pacquiao clicks with the masses.

And that, my friends, explains everything that's screwed up with this country.

2 comments:

Paoyu said...

OMFG!!! Really, he won again!?! Like you, I think he needs to loose BAD!!! Initially, his winning was great, put the Philippines in the map.

Then he started showing off his mansion, cars, and gifts he brought abroad for his family on live TV. Where is the HUMILITY?

I hope for the Philippine's sake, they TAX him on his prize money. Heroes shouldn't be exempted.

Anonymous said...

I asked you to text me who won ASAP because I had a hundred pesos on Barrera to win. haha.

rain