Friday, February 16, 2007

18 pounds

That's exactly how much I have to lose if I want to go back to my pre-pregnancy weight and figure. I've already succumbed to practicality and recently bought some new clothes to accommodate my present frame, but they're only a few pieces as I am determined to go back to wearing all my old outfits soon.

I read somewhere that the body really does not start losing weight until after the second month post-partum -- apparently, you need all the energy you can get to recuperate from the rigors of pregnancy and labor. Well, am now on my second-and-a-half month, so it's time to really get down to business.

So to all those who plan to give me sweets or other delectable goodies on my birthday, please don't. Lalo na mango torte. Or Red Ribbon's chocolate marjolaine cake. Or Razon's halo-halo. All of which I love. Because I might not be able to resist. And might end up having to shop for an entirely new wardrobe.

No comments: