Justin will be baptized soon and Eric and I are finalizing our list of godparents. We're keeping it down to two pairs only, which means I contribute one set and Eric contributes the other.
My problem is while I have a whole slew of girl friends to choose as godmothers, I have a dearth of male friends whom I can select as godfathers. Actually, not "dearth"..make it nil. I studied at an exclusive girls' school in high school and being the nerd that I was, did not join (nor was I invited to) any of those soirees that were held with the neighboring boys' school. So lost my chance to network there.
Yeah, I had a few male friends in college but regrettably, we lost touch since graduation, and the relationship I have with some of them now are, sadly, superficial at best. It's the same case with some former suitors; but I guess even if we were friends, I'm not sure how Eric would react to making them Justin's "second fathers."
Fortunately, I have, ahem, exemplary younger brothers who are more than suitable to be godfathers. Unfortunately, I only have two of them, which means if I have more than two kids, I'm in big trouble.
I guess the compromsie for kid #3: Eric supplies the godfathers, I supply the godmothers.
P.S. Yii, I can't believe am already thinking of having more kids!!!
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
exemplary? last option lang ako..:p
Post a Comment