Motherhood is exhausting. It taxes you not just physically, but also mentally and emotionally. You're always second-guessing yourself, and every little change in baby's usual demeanor or routine immediately brings about a flurry of "What if I had done this instead?"
I say "motherhood" and not "parenthood" because dads have it so easy. Mothers take all the flak (i.e. "Why is your baby so fussy?" "Hmm, are you sure you're feeding him right, he looks like he's not gaining weight?" "Why did you buy such a baduy baby outfit?"); dads, on the other hand, because they're not expected to participate in the rigors of raising a baby, get all the praise for doing the littlest and most inconsequential things.
"Oh, how sweet, he's carrying the baby around." (Even if baby looks like he's about to slide off his arms)
"Wow, he changes diapers! Ang galing naman." (Today's disposable diapers are so easy to take on and off a five-year-old could do them! Let's see him wipe off the poopoo.)
Dads are overrated; moms under-appreciated.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I appreciate you, sweety :)
Alam mo naman that I sweat like a waterfall if I make "pasyal" to Justin whenever he's being fussy.
ahahahahahhahaa! eric ah! excuses ka lang! :)
Post a Comment