Friday, February 23, 2007

Taga-peyups and proud!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Too many people are assuming that I'm from Ateneo de Manila, the latest being Justin's yaya, who told him, "Galing-galing ng mommy mo, cum laude graduate ng Ateneo..." Err, which one do I correct first?

I wonder why people immediately think I'm Atenista?

Is it because people still think all UP students end up as communists, and just because I didn 't join the NPA means I'm not a product of the state university?

Is it because of my embarrassingly and hopelessly poor Tagalog speaking skills?

I asked Eric about it this morning and his explanation... "Mukha ka kasing high-maintenance."

Curiously, it's always Ateneo... how come no one ever assumes I'm from UST? Or DLSU? Or UA&P?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello. i often read your blog and i'm always amused (nakakatuwa). i'm sure you've mentioned in your blog before that you're not from ateneo but somehow i have this mindset that you are. di ko rin alam kung bakit. siguro, talagang mukhang atenista ka lang talaga :)

Jaclyn said...

Hi Haidee, thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. :)

Anonymous said...

You should correct the wrong impression of you being from Arneo first. After all, it's nothing to be cum laude (lang?!) over there, much less, Magna Cum Laude. Yebah! Joke joke joke! Shhhh... quiet na.

-rain

"UP Fight!"

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet! Don't worry, for me.. you'll always look like a La Salista... ngehehehe!!!