Friday, March 23, 2007

Dreaming of Dubai

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've been nagging wheedling Eric to take me on a Justin-free vacation, even just for a couple of days, so that we can recharge and spend time together as "husband and wife," instead of "mother and father."

We would've wanted to go back to New Zealand, where we had our honeymoon, and explore more of the places that we didn't get to spend too much time in, like Queenstown and Christchurch. But that would require a longer time away from Justin, and we both agreed that the longest we'll be gone is three days.

We thought of going to a beach, like Phuket or maybe even Bohol or Palawan (since a trip to El Nido costs about the same as going abroad). And then I realized I still have pounds to lose before I can confidently wear a bathing suit again, so scratch that.

Eric suggested Hong Kong or Singapore, and I was all settled to go there when I read Anton's account of his trip to Dubai. Ooh, Dubai... All of a sudden that was where I wanted to go.... See the desert... Visit the Burj Al Arab (see photo above).... And drive across the sand dunes like they did in one of the seasons of Amazing Race.

My excitement dampened when I suddenly thought of what we'll have to eat there (what does Arab cuisine consist of??) but then I read that they serve food like the ones in Cafe Mediterranean (moussaka, hummous, etc) and I love that restaurant...so problem solved!!

Now I just have to convince Eric that going to a desert will be fun....

No comments: