Sunday, March 04, 2007

What to do, what to do?

Once a month, when Justin's yaya has the day off, Eric and I also take ours. We bundle Justin up, pack all of his necessities (which translate to almost half of his belongings), and drop him off at my parents' so that we can go catch a movie. Which is pretty much all we can do, as going to Tagaytay takes up too much time, and shopping has become one of my least favorite activities since trying on clothes just depresses me.

While I usually look forward to our monthly dates, today is pretty "blah," as there's really no outstanding movie to see. Ghost Rider, Music & Lyrics and Curse of the Golden Flower all received so-so ratings.

I would've wanted to watch Letters from Iwo Jima or The Last King of Scotland but they're only showing in Glorietta cinemas, and it would be a waste of time to travel from our home in Makati to my parents' home in Quezon City, and then come back to Makati for the movie, and then go back to QC to pick Justin up. Besides, they're pretty heavy/depressing films, and when you only have once a month to go on a date, you want the date to be as fun and lively as possible.

The Holiday would've been a great fun and lively film, but Eric balks at watching what he calls "an obvious chick flick." He nominates You Got Me, but any film with Zanjoe Marudo in it -- ugh.

We'll probably end up watching Ghost Rider. I guess the important thing is it's not what you do, it's who you do it with.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Got Me looks like a good movie except for Zanjoe! Yuck!

Anonymous said...

ghost rider isnt great. it's so so

Paoyu said...

The Holiday sucked, I was coerced to watch that movie. Ghost Rider is good, I guess depends if you know the story behind it.

As for Last King of Scotland, COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. I saw that on a long haul flight.

GO watch NORBIT or Number 23, its GOOD!!!

Anonymous said...

I liked Ghost Rider. It would so cool if they make the Rise of the Midnight Son series into a movie... imagine Ghost Rider, Blade & Hannibal King in one movie, now that's cool :)

kayenne said...

i watched music and lyrics with my sibs and enjoyed it. light romantic comedy. perfect movie to unwind with, after who knows how long. or maybe i really really just like hugh grant. quite funny to see him in 80's pop band get-up, shaking his booty. who'd have thought?

Anonymous said...

I just watched 300. RIGHTEOUS VIOLENCE!!!! A-Hoo!!!!!! Watch that nalang.

-rain