
Forget the actors (hunky na, good acting pa!), the cool special effects, and the even cooler fight scenes. 300 will go down in my book as the movie with the most quotable quotes ever!
And I'm not talking about "Tonight we dine in hell" or "Madness? This is Sparta!" The best quotes are the ones not included in the trailer. Unfortunately, my memory isn't that accurate now so the lines below aren't verbatim... Damn, I should've taken my notebook out and written the lines down the minute the actor said them.
Still, it's much better than Eric "I'm-very-bad-with-movie-lines" The Hubby, who says the only line he remembers is "Traitor! Traitor!"
***
Persian officer: Spartans, lay down your weapons.
Leonidas: Persians, come and get them.
***
Xerxes: Our cultures have much to learn from each other.
Spartan: Haven't you noticed, we've been sharing our culture with you all morning?
***
Xerxes: We will make slaves out of your women.
Leonidas: Clearly you don't know our women. I should bring them up here, after what your men have shown me this morning.
***
Persian messenger: What gives this woman the right to speak to me as an equal?
Queen Gorgo: Because only women can give birth to Spartan men.
***
Leonidas: Spartans, what is your profession?
Spartans: A-hoo! Ahoo!
I can't wait too buy the DVD.

4 comments:
"There is me our cultures could share." - Xerxes
"Because only Spartan women give birth to real men." - Queen Gorgo
rain
So you finally saw 300 I see. Its GOOD!!! Watched it a few weeks back on its premier day. Have to kill people just to get in and watch it, hehehe. Then again, I'm 5-min away from one of the biggest movie theatre in my area.
when Xerxes held Leonidas' shoulders, i couldn't help but laugh.
"pulutin mo ang susi ko!"
"A-hoo!" pala, akala ko "Achoo"! Hehehe!!
Just buy the graphic novel, nandun daw lahat ng quotable lines.
Post a Comment