Two different TV shows, two different emotions evoked.
Laughter
Caught a segment on The Buzz. Boy Abunda was interviewing a certain Ced Torrecarreon because apparently, there is a SEX VIDEO (again?!) going around town featuring Ced and his then-girlfriend going at it. I have no idea who this guys is (am thinking model or bold star), but what cracked me up was this bit towards the end:
Boy Abunda: Ced, do you feel exploited?
Ced: Actually, Tito Boy, it's a case to case basis. But yes, I feel exploited--
I didn't catch the rest of what he said because I was half-laughing, half-"Ano raw?!" In what case could he possibly NOT feel exploited? Oh, I guess when he makes money out of it.
Sadness
On Oprah, her first guest was Ricky Martin, who wanted to talk about his recent visit to the tsunami-struck areas of Thailand. One of the survivors featured was this American father who was on vacation with his four-year-old son. When the waves struck, he tried to find something to grab onto with one hand, while his other hand held onto his son. But before he knew it, his son just "spun away from him" (his own words), and the next time he saw him, his little boy was one of the many corpses on a Thai military truck headed for the morgue. Four years old.
That's not all...
The second part of the show featured journalist Lisa Ling, who went to Congo to feature the atrocities being committed to women there. Congolese women are actually being tortured and gang-raped on a DAILY basis by local rebels. Some are even taken away to the forests to be sex slaves. Read all about it here, here and here. I don't think I've ever felt more helpless.
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment