Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A pleasant surprise

Found out this morning that one of my favorite college professors, Danilo Arao, had gotten married! What totally made my jaw drop, though, were the lovey-dovey pictures of him and his bride on his website! Is that you, sir?! You can read all about the details (as well as view the photos I'm talking about) here.

Sir Arao was my teacher in Investigative Journalism and Research Methods. He was very much the activist, very anti-establishment, always trying to make us question what we read in the papers.

I also remember him to be very witty and charming, but in a deadpan I'm-not-trying-to-be-funny-I'm-just-stating-a-fact kind of way. It's this memory I have that's the very reason why the snuggly-cuddly pictures surprised me, hehehe.

Few can match Sir Arao's fanaticism for UP. When asked, for example, which was better--Ateneo or La Salle--he replied: "UP, of course. As I told Vice President Teofisto Guingona (an Atenean) at a UP forum on 4 October 2002, the never-ending battle between Ateneo and La Salle is just to determine which university is the second best."

That's Sir Arao for you.

No comments: