Before I went to that seminar, I actually thought of a few things I could do to pass the time. Because unlike some people whose seminars come with Internet-ready laptops or computers to let them chat or surf the Web, we were stuck with nothing but pens and paper, presumably so we could take down notes.
If I were close with my seatmate, I would've invited her to play Hangman or even Tic Tac Toe with me. But unfortunately, not only are we not that chummy, she's also my boss—not exacly plus promotion points if I invited her to slack off. Either way, the auditorium's layout is such that everyone is visible, and it would be quite OBVIOUS if I were doing anything but listening attentively. So scratch playing games on my cellphone, working on an article, or even napping.
Today, we have a seminar on "Brand Alignment," whatever that is, and I only hope it'll end earlier than it did yesterday.
On the bright side, the food they served was surprisingly good.

2 comments:
I thought you were writing a speech, hehehe :) Besides, you don't get tested, so it doesn't matter.
if you were so tempted to play tic-tac-toe, you should have stayed beside me. We could have gone for more rounds *lol* i was soooo sleepy and that 'mirrors' exercise which was suppose to 'keep our blood in the brains flowing', not really something that would give me that kick. Im part glad that we were dismissed (haha) early but part not-so-glad for reasons i think you know *evil* Si Cleo naghihimutok kasi we were the next people to get our food in the queue and she was eye-ing the fresh lumpia. The whole seminar wasn't so bad but id pass up the tempting lumpia just to get outta there. Im so bad.
Post a Comment