We're attending the wedding of one of Eric's friends this Sunday, and this morning, the bride texted me to ask if I could do the opening prayer at their reception. Of course I had to say yes; you don't say "no" to anything a bride asks of you 5 days before her wedding.
Now articles, speeches, friendster testimonials...these I can do.
But a prayer? Hmm..
I think prayers that are to be read in public are more difficult to do because you can't use just any words. And you can't crack jokes either. Plus the message has to be solemn, meaningful, and respectful. And it has to be short.
Eric thinks it's hilarious. When I told him what the bride asked of me, the first thing he said was, "Ha, eh hindi ka naman nagdadasal." He was teasing, of course, but that statement sums up how difficult he knows this is for me.
I'm such a bad Catholic, I know.
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment