Sunday, March 26, 2006

Beaches and bruises

I won't be going out of town this Holy Week, but I think the weeks before that will more than make up for it.

There is, of course, that upcoming trip to Maribago this Wednesday to Friday.

When I come back, I rest for a day and on Sunday, I'm off to a hot spring resort in Pansol, Laguna, with Eric's friends.

And then a few days after that, Friday to Holy Monday, I'll be in Baguio with my family and Eric. And since it's Eric's first time to go to Baguio in ages (as in I think he wasn't even in pre-school yet when he last went up), I'm doubly excited to take him around.

A teeny-weeny bummer is the not so teeny-weeny bruise I have on the side of my thigh. If you must know, Eric's pony-sized (I kid you not!) labrador retriever kinda chomped down on me yesterday and while he didn't tear a hole in my jeans (thankfully, especially since I was wearing the pair that cost P4,000!!!), he left behind a souvenir that's getting more purple by the hour. I don't plan on parading myself on the beach but you have to admit it'll be harder to look confident in a swimsuit if you have a huge blemish on an exposed part of the body. Eric (gleefully, I think) says I should just ditch the swimsuit and walk around in shorts, but waah, nag-beach pa ako pag ganun, di ba?

Any tips on how I can make it look less-purple by Wednesday?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

try alternating warm/hot and cold/ice compress a few times each day. 10 minutes per compress for about an hour. this is usually most effective right after you got "chomped".

another one is using a lotion for bruising, yung nilalagay sa bukol. or the chinese liniment, zheng gu shui.

any bruising left by wednesday, use a water-proof/resistant concealer/ tinted sunblock and dust with loose powder/bronzer.

Anonymous said...

my medical opinion... cover it up with make-up.

we can always stick a syringe in there and try to suck out the coagulating dead blood cells.

or, as kayenne said, warm and cold compress. the thing with hickies ang bruises, try applying vit.A. It works.

check your blood pressure. while it IS probably just a bruise, if your femoral vein was the one that got shattered, you might need medical attention. hopefully, the bruise has stopped growing na?

joke.

kinky dog huh?

rain

rain

Anonymous said...

people will think that you have wild sex with a bruise like that.

rain

Anonymous said...

turns out i might be in baguio when you're there. text me, just in case!
:)