But because OUR subdivision is known to be a sosi one, the strays also have to be sosi.
So...meet Sammy...the stray squirrel!

Actually, this wasn't the first time we saw Sammy. I saw him crossing the electrical wires outside our house a few months ago, but Eric and I didn't want to tell anybody because we didn't have a camera with us and no one might've believed us.

Well, Eric saw him again a few mornings ago in our garden and...ta-dah!

When we first moved in, we were already warned by Eric's friend, Renato, to expect the likes of Sammy. See, according to Renato, he visited another friend at our subdivision a couple of years back and when he went into the house, he saw his friend's driver playing with a slighshot. He thought the slingshot was for the stray cats, but when he asked, the driver said, "Hindi, sir, para sa mga squirrel."
Which was why I think of all our friends, Renato was the most excited when Eric and I moved in, because we could validate that friend's driver's claim.
So we weren't really surprised to see Sammy.

I haven't been this excited about a visitor coming to our home since....since...well, you really can't compare a squirrel to anything or anyone else, can you?

4 comments:
that is soooooooo cute! no! don't slingshoot the sammy!!!
ahhahaha! galeng! u finally took a pic of your squirrel! alam ko na para hindi umalis yan! gawa ka ng small house for him and then feed him! :)
agree ako kay anndee:P lure him to become ur pet.
i didn't even know may squirrel ang pinas!!!
leave nuts in your garden or something. yung siya lang may access.
in another look into your blog, i would just like to comment: "you are so obsessed with your camera!"
Post a Comment