
I've come across my share of good reads, but I can hold off continuing to read them until I get home at the end of the day.
Not Jemima J. My cousin lent it to me last Sunday and after browsing the first few pages, I couldn't put the damn thing down, to the point that I bring it with me almost everywhere I go. to the bathroom. Down to breakfast. At the MRT. In the car (I read it when the stoplight is red... Bad of me, I know...). At my dentist's clinic. Even at work (I sneak in a few pages once in awhile, it's been a pretty slow week anyway).
The story is nothing new—plus-sized heroine dreams of living a better life as a stunningly slim blonde, but once she gets to that, she realizes that being physically beautiful isn't all that it's cut out to be. But the writing is simple and funny and the characters are lovable and funny (even the resident anti-heroine bitches) and the book really imparts a lesson that I think all women can relate to. After all, what woman doesn't wish she was taller, thinner, had lighter-coloed hair, etc.? Plus-sized or not, I think there's a Jemima in all of us.
I'm almost sad to have finally finished reading the book, but now I'm debating if I should just buy a copy of my own to keep. Because I think it'll just the perfect thing to pick me up on days when I feel all bleh and ugly.

3 comments:
i read this ages ago, and i know what you mean! i think i read it in 2 days straight! love jane green!!! "mr maybe" is ok too.
i agree with mari-an. i looooooved jemima j! and jane green! "mr maybe" is a good read too, but kind of a letdown after jemima j--it's green's best. hehehe, chick lit fans talaga kami :)
iu think id better check out that book!
Post a Comment