I really need to take up a sport or a form of exercise. Lately, a lot of my interviewees have been asking me what exercises I engage in as part of post-interview small-talk, and it's getting embarrassing to not be able to say anything.
Well, okay, to be honest, I do have things to say... except they're more half-truths....okay, okay, LIES if you want to get all technical about it.
But hey, in my defense, I do brisk-walk or jog (but that's to and from the MRT when I'm running a bit late)...
And yeah, when I say "I used to do wushu, but I've been so busy lately...." I don't have to add that "used to" meant 8 years ago and it was just something I took up over the summer.
My other "used to's" include badminton (I think I was in grade school then!), ping pong, tennis and some indoor calisthenics (which I always tell myself I'm doing whenever I do household chores)...
And yes, I go swimming, although the pool we have at home is shaped in a for that's not exactly conducive to doing laps, so I don't think I'm getting real exercise when I go for a dip.
I need an exercise buddy. Or I really need to update the playlist in my MP3 because going jogging alone at night is just boring.
Or I think I need to get a dog, so I'll have a good reason to go out and walk at night.
Or maybe I just need to get off my butt, period.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
been doing some toning and stretching in the hope of trying wall-climbing soon. interested?
Are you kidding me? Seeing how un-fit I am, I would probably keel over from exhaustion in the first few steps, hahaha. Let me start with something easy first, like toning and stretching, period! Hahaha :)
Post a Comment