Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The day wasn't a total waste after all

After a 3-day weekend, I came back to work today all recharged and ready to meet my self-imposed deadlines. Unfortunately, just as I was happily typing away at around 230pm, boom! The office plunges into darkness. You can hear everyone cussing all over the office (it's the day before printing deadline), but we all thought the power would be back within minutes. (Yes, unfortunately, brownouts are common in our mall).

After two hours of fanning ourselves with the latest issues of our magazines, we found out that the brownout was caused by a busted transformer/electric post/whatever along the Poveda Learning Center. And knowing how efficient Meralco is, we were all certain that the problem would be fixed.... never not within working hours. So I went home at 5pm, feeling pretty bad that I didn't get to be as productive at work as I hoped.

Still, silver lining: I reached home at about the same time that my mom was starting to cook dinner. So I had an impromptu cooking lesson on how to make spaghetti.

Yay! So now I can cook Eric something other than Spam or scrambled eggs when we're married.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What? You don't know how to make spaghetti? SADNESS!!!