Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Vanity check

I've been feeling guilty the past month, because I've been negligent in doing my exercises as well as adhering to my diet. I would always tell myself that as long as my pants didn't feel tighter, then I didn't have anything to worry about.

Yesterday, though, my worst fear was realized when a co-worker told me, all perky, "Hey Jac, you're gaining weight, but in a good way."

She saw the look of horror on my face and hastily added, "No, no, I just meant you look blooming and happy."

I don't want to be one of those brides who perpetually obssess about their weight before the wedding. But still, there is no "good way" in gaining weight when it's three months before my wedding, and two weeks before my first fitting for my gown.

People were always telling me that brides don't need to exert to lose weight, that the stress of the preparations should be enough to make one naturally lose weight. The problem is, I'm not getting stressed out at all!

So I resolve to resme my diet and exercises today. No more munching on Oreos while watching Friends on DVD and no less than 30 minutes of jogging every night, no matter how late I come home. Beauty before comfort...Beauty before comfort...

1 comment:

Anndee said...

hahaha. jac! you ARE becoming one of those brides who are obsessing about their weight! :)