Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Overdue "Batman Begins" review

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyone's probably watched it already, but I can't resist not posting something about this movie.

I agree that it is the best Batman movie of the franchise. I especially liked it because unlike the past movies, the Batman doesn't use too much special effects or hi-tech gadgets. Instead, he relies on hand-to-hand combat to show just how astig he really is.

And while I will forever be in love with George Clooney, I think Christian Bale is the most aptly casted Bruce Wayne/Batman to date. Michael Keaton was too skinny, Val Kilmer too brooding, and George Clooney too Bruce Wayne and not enough Batman. Christian Bale, on the other hand, can look the part of the suave playboy one minute, but you also find yourself believing that he can kick ass when he needs to.

I also like that they didn't make Katie Holmes' character into the typical damsel-in-distress type. And Cillian Murphy (the guy who plays Dr. Crane/The Scarecrow) is creepingly hot!

I can't help but raise eyebrows at how Bruce's father was protrayed though. Can anyone say "good-two-shoes to the max"?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you.

Anonymous said...

"goody-two-shoes to the max!" with emote pa iyan.... sabi mo kasi eh HA HA!

Basta love ko si Christian Bale diyan. Cant wait to see the next Batman movie ;)

Anndee said...

the real hero is alfred! hahahaha.