Thursday, June 16, 2005

The price of Siargao

Last night, got my itinerary for Region 13 (aka Caraga), the second of my two trips to Mindanao.

The good news—Siargao is included in the list of places we'll be going to. Surfing capital of the world, baby! Okay, so I don't surf... but still, it'll be nice to go to a beach after a long while. And I'm sure the waves will be awesome to look at.

The bad news is this particular leg will take 6 days—Sunday (July 10) to Friday (July 15), which means I'll be missing Eric's birthday lunch on the 10th (it's a family tradition of theirs). Argh.

I told Eric I'd make it up to him by bringing him some sand from Siargao, but he didn't seem to consider that an acceptable consolation, hehe.

But how can I possibly give up the chance to be up close with this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Cloud Nine, one of the more popular surfing breaks in Siargao, and voted one of the 10 best waves in the world by "Surf Magazine."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

COWABUNGA DUDE!!! That's some gnarly wave. Too bad, can't relate, so wipe out.

Anndee said...

maybe u can take surfing lessons there? :) im sure may nagtuturo!

Anonymous said...

glad to see you got your priorities straight! :) happy birthday to eric!!

Anonymous said...

WHOA! cool! better bring a cam! LoL too bad for the lunch, can't go on an afternoon flight?

cc(,``o said...

great sights. cant you change your flight?

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay and Les--No, unfortunately, Cebu Pacific only has one flight to Butuan (admini center of Caraga). And yes, I have to take only Cebu Pacific :)

Anonymous said...

oh well...gotta take the good and the bad... btw, you mentioned over lunch your interest in learning how to cook. what kind of dishes are you exactly after?

Anonymous said...

Jac's interested in Haute Cuisine, LOL

Anonymous said...

ok, so i'm not blissfully in love like you...BUT, i guarantee, it's worth seeing siargao! and you don't need to confine yourself to watching the waves either. you can watch the sunset near the boardwalk, walk along the coastline, swim in the quieter and more secluded part of the beach. wow, i sure miss siargao. did i say i'm envious of you? oh yeah, thousands of times. when you get there, walk around! it's a wonderful mix of small town and beautiful beachlife. and at night! grabeng daming fireflies!!!