Friday, June 17, 2005

Decisions, decisions

My carefully planned morning was thrown into a bit of a loop when one of our Human Resources people told me that they would have to take away my Sun Cellular line at the end of the month, because it was, technically, property of my old department and not mine. Bummer. I offered to just absorb the account and make it my personal line (because most people already know that to be my number), but they said that it wasn't possible.

Staff of regular magazines aren't allowed to avail of a company phone. So now I can't concentrate on work, because I'm too busy running alternative scenarios on my head. Do I just go back to using my Globe line for work and personal calls? Or do I get my own Sun Cellular line? if I get Sun, do I get a prepaid or post-paid account? Which rates do I get? Which is more sulit?

True, I can have my Sun expenses reimbursed, but do I really need the hassle of having to pay for a second extra sim and second phone? Because while having a second phone now is a bit inconvenient, it's fine because at least it's free.

As you can see, when I get anal, I'm overly so.

At least I still have a few more weeks to think about what to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they have this solution in Manila. Wherein, you get a new account for Sun, but you make them transfer your old phone number to the new account.

Here in US, I use to have a different cel provider, but once I switch to the new one, I made them retain my old phone number.

Anonymous said...

it SHOULD be possible. the issues here are: is her company willing to let go of the number? is SUN willing to accommodate that? i tried it with globe before, when i wanted to get another plan, but retain the old account. they asked me to disconnect my line, wait 6 months, then apply for it again. tsk tsk.. i said never mind. jst cut the line.

Anonymous said...

No can do. The number is "assigned" to the office, and I can't appropriate it for personal use. Will probably end up with a prepaid account.