Monday, June 06, 2005

I feel bad for thinking this, but....

Sometimes, I wonder if there are people who really, totally, just absolutely clueless about how inconsistent their actions are.

See, I have this friend. I've done her a couple of favors through the years, some of them big ones I might add. I never asked for anything in return. And I didn't mind (well, not too much anyway) that she's never given me so much as a "Thank you."

But when people she encounters only once do her a favor, she acts all grateful and in awe of their seeming kindness.

It never used to bother me, but an incident tonight is making me wonder if she's just monumentally insensitive... or maybe she just feels that beause we're such good friends, it's expected that I help her out when I can and she doesn't have to thank me (a point that Eric supports, and makes me want to bash him on the head).

God, I can't wait for PMS to be over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Eric on this one. If you're a good friend, you'll just overlook these minor things. Unless, you felt you're being manipulated and used? @_@ That's a different story altogether.

Or you can follow me, write down the big stuff you helped the friend on. One day, just say, "hey remember that time I helped you regarding so & so?" You have an obligation, so I would like to cash that favor you owed me :D