Thursday, August 25, 2005

Ok, I'm officially stressed

When we were planning for the wedding, one of the first things we finalized was the wedding cake. For one thing, a friend of mine was doing it, so it was easy to just call her up and set up an appointment. For another, I've always figured that a cake by any other style is still a cake, so it really didn't matter (too much) what it would look like. It's the easiest of all the wedding paraphernalia to prepare, ergo, get it out of the way as early as possible.

Well, looks like I was wrong. Because now that we've finalized everything else—from the decorations of the ballroom to the table centerpieces to the programme—my coordinator and florist feel that my cake does NOT jibe with the look. So now I have to go and choose a new cake design asap.

Argh! It really helps a lot that my supplier is my friend so it's not so dyahe to ask to meet with her again. But I just hate it when I have everything all planned out and something sets it off motion at the last minute. And just for a cake!! A cake is a cake is a cake. Who's going to care what it looks like?! Well, according to my coordinator (and I grudgingly admit she has a point), a lot of tsimosa guests.

***

And then there are the invitations. I've finalized my side of the list along with my parents as early as months ago, and once a week we go through it just to be sure we didn't leave anyone out.

Well, now that the invitations have arrived, all of a sudden my parents are all, "Oh, we have to invite this and that person," or "Oh no, we forgot to include this person." Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

***

Yup, so I guess I'm now officially a "bride." I knew the "Oh, everything's going fine"-phase was too good to be true, and too good to last.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LoL na-e-excited tuloy ako para sayo! hey! things will work out ok. ganyan lng talaga yan. had a taste of that during my cousin's wedding. and groom pa sya nun. hehehe

Anonymous said...

hehehe:P smile nalang ako. i hope i dnt have to go throught that. I WISH! :D