The following is a conversation I had last night. I will not divulge the identity of the guy because he's quite close to me and will kill me if I let it be known who he is. Suffice it to say, he's been properly chastised (and educated)
Me: Good news! Our Oz visa has been approved! New Zealand nalang.
Guy: Wait, where are you really going anyway? Australia or New Zealand?
Me: Both. A few days in Oz first, then to New Zealand, then back to Oz.
Guy: Won't that be a bit tiring? How long is the flight between both?
Me: About three hours, I think...
Guy: That short? I always thought they were far apart. Where in Europe is New Zealand anyway?
Shocked silence
Me: Are you kidding? Please tell me you're kidding.
Guy: (At this point, he already knows he said something horribly wrong) Umm, it's in Europe, right? It's near Scotland? Kasi parehong may "-land" e.
Me: Oh my God!!!!! You are serious!!!!!! (Proceeds to give him a geography lesson) I can't believe you don't know this! And to think you came from [insert name of prestigious university here]. You're as bad as [insert name of a suitor I dumped before because he didn't know that such a thing as Ayer's Rock existed, not even AFTER he came home from a family vacation to Australia]. Wait, you know Ayer's Rock, right?
Guy: Of course! It's that big red rock in the middle of Australia.
Me: OK, at least you know that.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ROFL!!! i know geography isn't one of my specialties, but... hehehe
ill keep my mouth shut. social studies and filipino are my worst subjects. they go hand in hand.
Post a Comment