Last week, I was feeling mightily pissed off at a contributing writer who backed out of an assignment at the 11th hour and left me scrambling to take over.
But now I'm glad he did what he did, because otherwise I wouldn't have had the chance to try out Amici de Don Bosco.
I've heard about this place since before but checking it out always skipped my mind because I never really pass by the Pasay Road-Don Bosco area often. But when my interviewee for this afternoon suggested that we meet up there, a bell went off in my head and I said "yes" right away.
I won't bore you with the details of what the restaurant is about. Just read about it here, here, and here.
The verdict--everything I read about is true...and more! I had 1 and 1/2 plates of pasta (the puttanesca and the lobster linguine) and 2 scoops of fruitcake gelato. Yum! I'm usually fussy about pasta (they're either too creamy, too soggy, too dry, too oily, too parmesan-y, etc.) but the texture and flavor was just right.
I plan to invite all my friends to go there next time (paging Anndee, when are you available?!) because there are just too many good food over there to choose from and I can't possibly try them out in one sitting. So the next best thing is to go with a group so that everyone orders something and then just share.
Oh, and if all the raves over the food aren't enough to convince you to check this place out, there's an added incentive which I can sum up in two words: Makati yuppies.
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
next time you need writers at the 11th hour, holler towards my end of the office!:)
next time you need writers at the 11th hour, holler towards my end of the office!:)
makati yuppies?? why didn't you say so?? hahaha. just kidding! pero i wanted to try that place out! i still can't believe na katabi lang ng school ko and hindi ako napapadpad dyan! game! when do you want to go there? :-)
that makati yuppies line put a grin on my face... LoL or maybe i'm just too giddy tonight... for some unknown reason.
Hi Mari-An... Are you serious? Sabi mo yan a :) You're going to regret making that offer :)
Post a Comment