Am not talking about the product, but about the lack of customer service of their Rustan's Makati's sales reps.
Details: This morning, Eric and I accompanied my brother to buy his "dream shades." My brother already had the model that he wanted in mind, which the sales guy promptly showed him. My brother tried on the one in black first, but there was something wrong with the fit, the glasses kept sliding off his nose.
He then tried the one in silver, and it fit perfectly. But my brother really wanted the one in black, and asked if they could adjust the fit. The guy fiddled a bit with the bridge of the shades (and by "a bit," I meant he just gave it a brief, quick push with his finger, something I could've done myself), so naturally when my brother tried it on again, it still didn't fit right.
When we asked if they had any other stock available, the guy just says "no, that's the only one we have," gets the shades, and places it back inside the display cabinet. We hung around the counter, thinking he would suggest or get another kind of shades for us to try on, but he just locked the display cabinet and looked back at us, as if wondering what we were still doing there.
Oh, so you don't want our money? I thought to myself. We left without a word, although I was feeling mightily pissed.
I mean, I would expect crappy service from crappy brands, but for a high-end brand like Oakley, and in a chi-chi place like Rustan's Department Store at that, I was expecting a bit more. Either that sales rep doesn't work on commission, or he needs a lesson in basic customer service etiquette.
On the bright side: My brother ended up buying a pair of shades from Nike, which looked exactly like the one he liked from Oakley, but P2,000 cheaper, at may 10% discount pa!
Sunday, December 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment