For the past couple of years, Eric and I have made it tradition to watch at least one Metro Manila Film Festival movie. Here are the choices for this year:
Imus Productions’ Exodus: Tale of the Enchanted Kingdom, directed by Erik Matti and topbilled by Bong Revilla.
Nice special effects and costumes, plus it contains characters from Philippine folklore and mythology, which Eric and I both find interesting. But I don't like Bong Revilla and I really don't want to support any of his films. Maybe we'll watch this as a last resort, but if we do, expect me to nitpick every little flaw in the film.
– OctoArts & M-Zet’s Enteng Kabisote 2: Okay Ka Fairy Ko…The Legend Continues, directed by Tony Y. Reyes, with Vic Sotto in the title role.
I used to follow the TV series and my favorite character was Prinsipe ng Kahilingan, hehehe. So I'd watch the movie if it were to show on Cinema One, but not go to a theater for it.
– GMA Films’ Mulawin, directed by Dominic Zapata and Mark Reyes and topbilled by Richard Gutierrez and Angel Locsin.
Kinda like our dilemma with Exodus, only this time I want to watch this, but Eric hates Richard Guttierez.
– Regal Entertainment’s Shake, Rattle & Roll, with three episodes directed by three directors and featuring an array of young stars.
Eric has always been a fan of the Shake, Rattle & Roll, but for me, "array of young stars" translates to "hodgepodge of Starstruck finalists who can't act to save their life."
– Canary Films’ Kutob, directed by Joey Reyes, and starring Marvin Agustin and Rica Peralejo.
This is being described as a psycho-thriller, and it would be interesting to see Marvin Agustin in the role of the said psycho. The only con I can think of: Rica Peralejo.
– Regal’s Ako Legal Wife: Mano Po 4, a comedy directed by Joel Lamangan and starring Zsa Zsa Padilla, Cherry Pie Picache, Rufa Mae Quinto and Jay Manalo.
We'll probably wait for the reviews before making a decision. We still can't forget the last "Mano Po" (starring Vilma and Boyet), which was a real letdown.
-- Good Harvest Unlimited’s Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita, directed by Joel Lamangan and topbilled by Christopher de Leon and Nash Aguas.
The only drama in the selection. Normally we avoid these sobfests during the Christmas season, but Boyet is a good dramatic actor, Nash Aguas is super cute, and the script is by Raquel Villavicencio, who's no hack in that department. Again, we'll just wait for the reviews.
The MMFF starts on December 25. In the meantime, King Kong muna!
Friday, December 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I say forget MMFF and go KING KONG instead :)
Post a Comment